Updated COVID-19 Statement – 26 Mar, 2020
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the “Stay At Home” order for Nueces County we will be limiting access to our store front to 2 customers at a time or less, effective 27 Mar, 2020 until April 9th, 2020 to better protect you and our Coastal Bend community from the spread of COVID-19.
However, because we provide electronics repair to devices that enable individuals and businesses to access critical communications infrastructure, WE WILL STILL BE PROVIDING REPAIR SERVICES TO ALL CUSTOMERS DURING THIS TIME.
We will be providing repair services via pickup/delivery to your home or business by our own technicians, or via customer drop-off/pickup at our store location.
If you need something repaired, we can still fix it but we cannot allow more than 2 people in the lobby at any one time When you come to drop off a device at our location.
Here are additional steps we are taking to help you, our customers and neighbors in the community, during this difficult period:
- Until further notice, we are waiving our usual $25 doorstep delivery/pickup fee for all device repairs. What that means is for no additional cost you do not have to come to our store to get your device repaired. We will send someone to you to take your device to our store, repair it, and then return it to you.
- We have increased our housekeeping and sanitation efforts in our stores and repair space.
- We are frequently disinfecting often-touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, and keypads.
- We are requiring all of our team members to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the infection.
- In these efforts, we are requiring our team members to use disposable gloves while handling customer devices.
- We have implemented guidelines that require those team members who experience cold or flu-like symptoms, or individuals who have been diagnosed through testing with COVID-19 to stay home and follow the CDC’s instructions.
- AOTR has developed a procedure to disinfect and isolate all devices in our care.
AOTR would like to offer a free device cleaning to anyone with a smartphone or tablet. We know that smartphones and tablets can be some of the dirtiest surfaces in our homes.
If you would like to know how to disinfect your device on your own at home, please see this page for a step-by-step process that is safe and will not risk the warranty on your device.